To use the autoclaves:
- You must have completed the “Autoclave Training” course offered through https://wpl.ubc.ca/
- Everyone should have their Biological and Chemical Safety Courses.
- In addition, for use of the BioSciences autoclaves: Zoology and Botany require you complete an autoclave training session with Joanne Denny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For anyone who deals with hazardous waste, there is also a “Hazardous Waste Management Training” course.
· If autoclaves in the same room are booked at the same time, please limit the number of people in the room to 1 person at a time.
· Please wipe down the screen with a paper towel sprayed with 80% ethanol. DO NOT spray the 80% ethanol directly onto the autoclave touch screen as this may cause damage.
· Please fill out logbook and notify Jessica Trat (email@example.com) and Joanne Denny (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the technician on duty if there are any errors on autoclave.
Hazardous Biological Autoclaved Waste Disposal:
For more information on disposing of Hazardous Biological Autoclaved Waste, please visit our Waste Management page.